ETICS – External Wall Insulation Fixings
fischer ETICS range meets building insulation challenge effectively
External Wall Insulation Fixings (ETICS) are external wall claddings, which comply with the increased technical thermal insulation requirements on building envelopes. fischer’s ETICS Insulation Fixings fulfil the high requirements on thermal insulation of buildings regarding efficiency and ecology.
- Less loss of heat energy through external wall.
- Strong reduction of CO2 emission; through less heat energy needs.
- Long-run established basic fabric maintenance; no crack formation in the load-bearing wall.
- More useful area of housing space; with equal outer measurements less wall thickness can be built.
- Healthier indoor climate: a higher surface temperature of the inner wall prevents a loss of condensate, thus there is no infiltration appearance, no spurs and mildew cultivation.
- Versatile facade arrangement: a wide spectrum of possible surface coverings and colours available.
- Outstanding cost-benefit; ETIC-Systems represents one of the most economical solution for heat insulation of new and old building facades.
Modern ETIC-architecture with ceramic – or natural stone surface
Due to higher requirements of thermal insulations of the external wall elements in new construction- and restructuring sector, external wall insulation fixings play an increasingly important role. Surfaces are, depending on the producer of the ETIC-systems, approved with ceramic- or natural stone surfaces. Due to the higher dead weight of the system, this demands a higher requirement on the plug.
VBS-M for the restructuring of double-leaf masonry
If the available wire-wound armatures are not available in an adequate quantity or are damaged through corrosion, it may be necessary to reinforce cladding and exterior walls to ensure stability. The mechanical remedial wall tie enables a belated, fast, and economical reconstruction fixing solution of the exterior building brickwork.
As the approved fixing in stone and bed joints the VBS-M remedial wall tie ensures variable application possibilities providing a high degree of safety. The VBS-M remedial wall tie is set mechanically in push-through installation through the faced brickwork into the carrier shell. The two plug expansion zones in the carrier shell and in the brickwork ensures a secure connection.
Anchoring through the fabric
If the plugs are fixed through the reinforcement fabric, a slim shank is required, so that the meshes of the fabric do not break and do not get pushed against the insulation material. As the loads are equally distributed through the floating and the reinforcement fabric, a plate diameter of 60 mm is enough, independently from the insulation material. The anchor spacing (a) results from:
(n = Number of plugs per square meter).