Returns & Refunds Policy
Goods sold by the Company, Upat SA Pty Ltd to the Customer are not eligible for return save for specific instruction and approval by the Company. Should the Company, in its absolute discretion, elect to accept the return of any goods, the following shall apply:
1. All goods returned by the Customer must be complete, clean, undamaged, in their original packaging and in a condition that allows for the product/s to be resold; before a refund will be approved. Please note that a copy of the original invoice must be included with the returned goods and the box must be marked ATT: Credits.
2. For the return or refund of an item, the Customer must adhere to the following steps:
2.1 An email needs to be sent to email@example.com, detailing specific concerns about the item/s the Customer wishes to return and the reasons for the return. A copy of the invoice must be attached to this request/motivation email.
2.2 A member of the Company’s customer service team will reply with a ‘Return Authorisation Form’ and any further instructions.
2.3 On completion of instructions, all the items the Customer wishes to return, must be placed into a box in their original, undamaged packaging along with a copy of the original invoice, Return Authorisation Form and must be marked ATT: Credits.
2.4 All returns must be delivered to the Upat SA Head Office situated at
Cnr Miller & 3rd Streets
3. The costs associated with a return will be for the expense of the Customer and the risk associated with returning said goods, remains the Customers until the goods are received by the Company. Shipping costs are non-refundable, except in situations where the Customer has received incorrect items not corresponding to their original order. In these instances, the cost of return delivery will be credited.
3. The Customer may return any goods delivered by the company within (30) thirty days from the date of the delivery of the goods, (unless the Customer is a consumer who is not excluded from the CPA by virtue of section 5(2)(b) of the CPA, in which event, the goods have to be returned within 6 months from the delivery date) without penalty or expense. If the goods fail to conform to their specifications or are defective due to faulty workmanship, or otherwise fail to satisfy the requirements and standards of CPA (if applicable) – in these circumstances, the Company shall, at its election, either repair or replace said goods or refund the Customer’s price paid for the goods.
4. For a return to be processed, the Customer must send the request onto firstname.lastname@example.org and await further instructions on the return procedure and cannot simply send in their return without completing a Return Authorisation Form.
5. Should the company elect to accept a return, please note that the processing of returns once the Return Authorisation Form, and the goods have been received at Head Office can take between 3 – 5 working days.
Upat SA Pty Ltd
Cnr Miller and 3rd Streets
To get an update on a refund assessment, the Customer can email email@example.com.
5. If an order was delivered incorrectly, shipping costs will be at the Company’s expense. Please follow the procedure as per point 2 above. Once goods have been returned to our Head Office someone from our customer support team will be in touch to provide feedback on the correction of your order. Should the correct items be in stock the order will be dispatched for delivery or a refund will be given if the items are no longer available. To get an update please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Sale Items are non-refundable.
7. If the customer wishes to return any of the goods purchased in circumstances where the goods conform to their specifications and/or are not defective in any manner whatsoever, then the company shall not be obliged to accept the return of any such goods.
8. Upon receipt of returned goods at Head Office, processing of a refund will not exceed 14 working days. Once processed, the money will be refunded to the customer’s card and the transaction can take 7 to 10 days to reflect in the customer’s bank account.
9. When utilising a courier company to deliver a return to Upat SA Head Office, should your items be to the value of R900 or over, we suggest you make use of a trackable shipping service or purchase shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee that Upat SA will receive your returned item(s) and until such a time as Upat SA acknowledges receipt of the good(s) the liability lies with the customer.